MAYOR JOHN WILLIAMS & KINGSTON’S FAIRFIELD. A TRIBUTE TO JUNE SAMPSON, LOCAL HISTORIAN & JOURNALIST.
BEHIND THE NAMES. THE MEMORIAL TO THE PARISH DEAD OF THE GREAT WAR, 1914-1919, AT ST. RAPHAEL’S ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, KINGSTON UPON THAMES
…attached to documents, dated July 1874, in the Church archives, were pieces of cloth stated to have been cut from the covering of the Turin Shroud…
In 1816 Alexander Raphael commissioned a sarcophagus for himself in the church of the Armenian Monastery….